We can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, by what we resist and who we exclude.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Can't wait for Wednesday 5 PM.

Wednesday 5 PM.  I will have taken my Adult Medicine final and have just finished my grand rounds presentation.  CANNOT WAIT!  It will be such a huge stress off of my shoulders :)

When I'm done with my GR....I will start working out more again.  And cooking....I've been looking through my "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2" by Todd Wilbur and been eyeing recipes I want to test out....definately want to make sure Chili's salsa....have made it before and its one of my favorite salsas everywhere.  Its the massive amounts of cumin that make it so amazing!

Also I was doing research on the newer recipe book like mine......and it wasnt looking so good.  It had a bunch of McDonald's recipes for example.....and Arby's sauce recipe....Really?  People want to make that crap at home?  Because I think he chooses recipes to make based on request.  and people REALLY want MORE McDonalds?

Julie -- remember that restaurant we went to that had the yummy pulled pork sandwich?  I wanna go there when you come visit me.  They have this amazing Basil-Grape drink that i LOOOOOOOVE.  And i've been craving that amazing pulled pork sandwich.
--My recipe book has a pulled pork sandwich w/ some coleslaw in it, so it made me think of that.

I will also quit getting sick!  I'm blaming the stress on me getting sick TWICE this week.  Although it's really probably not the reason.....so I did go ahead and get an antibiotic to help me really kick it this time.  Although it still kinda baffles me.  Both times I've had high fever (especially this latest bout) for a full day and just had general malaise all day long.  and a cough.  And chest tightness.  But then day 2, feel MUCH better.  And just have a little cough left......?!?  It better not come back!!!

And now for Valentines day -- I dont have plans yet.  YET.  Who know what may happen between now and Sunday though.  I'm still crossing my fingers that one of the medical residents thinks its a good idea to ask me to do something.  Not that I've really talked much to any of them outside of the ones on my team, but you know, it may happen ;)  

But I did send my mom and my sister a surprise which I hope comes before V-day!  It's a fun little present so I hope they like it.  And I hope I get to enjoy it too when I come to visit!!!


But Wednesday at 5.  I just have to survive until then.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that your presentation is over, but I had total confidence in you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the medical resident. It'll happen; just give it time. Most people do meet their loves at work you know.

    Enjoyed talking on the phone today. Wish I got to see you more often. Maybe I'll have to fly down in a few weeks.

    Have fun cooking!

    ReplyDelete