We can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, by what we resist and who we exclude.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Lessons can be learned from chocolate.

Now that I've gotten through the tougher parts of the semester, I've started looking more and more ahead and getting excited.  Staying in school for sooooooo long....has made me feel like my life had be come so stagnant.  Felt stuck and my life was just staying in the same place.

Thank goodness I am nearly done.  I'm going to get to do something different with my life very soon!!!!  I've been really excited about moving.  I've gone through a lot of very difficult things in this apartment.  And I'm planning on leaving a lot of that here in the apartment.  Hopefully the move out clean will make it new for the next tenant!

I'm also excited about new people.  Where I end up working will be filled with new people.  I love meeting new people.  Opportunities for future friendships, and beyond! Who knows!


Now for the more immediate future, mom's getting ready to come visit me in a few weeks! I think we are going to look at apartments, run around town, and just have a good time.  I haven't seen her, or any of my family since christmas (JULIE!), so I'm really glad to have her come visit.  Julie, I better see you too.  I really miss seeing my fam.  When I go a long time w/o seeing them, I feel so disconnected from them.  

And even more immediate, may get to go to a Mavs game this weekend.  Never been before!


Then for recent past....so Valentines didn't turn out as planned.  Ended up being a lot of fun anyhow.  But definitely has made me rethink some things.

 I've seen this a couple of times.  When are a person is TOO close to some of their friends, that they get in a severely dependent relationship with them. It makes people around you feel unwelcome, unwanted, and finally quit being friends with you.
Any type of relationship, whether it be a friendship or courtship, that starts shutting other people in your life out is unhealthy.  Believe me, I know from first hand experience.  But I assumed it was only with boyfriend/girlfriend relationships.  But twice now I've seen it where overly dependent friendships shut other people out.  And both have ended with me deciding to quit being friends with them to avoid being hurt.  Because it's inevitable.


We can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, by what we resist and who we exclude.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new blog style!I want to do mine too. I'm happy you're excited about what the future holds for you very soon. I know it's hard too. I'm so proud of you though!!

    ReplyDelete